Museum of Venice XVIII century is located in a majestic and beautiful building Palazzo Ca Rezzonico since 1936. Many art historians, and just lovers of works of art and culture, were interested in where the prefix “Ka” came from in the name of the Palazzo Ka Rezzonico. In fact, everything is very simple. Even in those days when the Venetian Republic existed, the title “palace” could be worn only by the Doge’s Palace building. All other buildings were called Casa (translated from Italian. It means "house"). So the prefix "Ka" was formed, and in Italian the prefix will look like "Ca".
The architect Ca Rezzonico was Baldassar Longenwho took up the construction in the 17th century. This was a renowned architect who primarily worked in the Baroque style. Unfortunately, he did not live to see the end of construction, and continued further construction. Giorgio Massari. In 1756, the palace was built.
The palace is named after the name of its owner - Jambattista Rezzonico, who bought the unfinished building from the bankrupt Philip Bon. The power of the Rezzonico clan was strengthened, moreover, the brother of Jambattista Carl became the pope in 1758. By the 19th century, the building was already divided into parts among the sons and grandsons of Jambattista Rezzonico. Then the palace was acquired by a poet from England - Robert Browning. After some time, the owner changed again, he was the count of Lionello Hirschell de Minerby, who gave the building to the state. The authorities of Venice decided to make a city museum here in 1935.
The museum has a lot of halls in which you can find various tapestries, antique furniture, wallpapers, beautiful chandeliers. IN Museum of Venice You can also find a huge collection of frescoes and paintings.
The most beautiful hall of the museum - This is a reception hall that is luxuriously decorated with magnificent statues and other figures. In red and orange colors, where there are paintings and various furniture, a pastel room is made. The museum also has a special ladies' room, where there are a huge number of mirrors. It is made in pink and green. On the third floor there is a ballroom. Museum visitors will find artfully executed lamps in it, and the ceilings of the hall are painted with frescoes.