We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Calling in the city of Kiev, on Vladimirovskaya street, you involuntarily stop looking at one old building, the breath of which is frozen by the beauty of architecture. This is the city Teacher’s House, which houses the pedagogical museum of Ukraine.
About the history of the museum
In 1898, in St. Petersburg, in the building of the Military Academy, a pedagogical museum was opened. The Kiev educational district did not stand aside, which initiated the opening of such an institution in Ukraine. He existed for several years. There were interesting exhibitions on the study of pedagogical sciences and the achievements of Kievan Rus. To study more complete and widespread expositions, this room was not enough, and the public demanded an increase in the room.
The museum began to be laid in mid-1910. The patron was the chairman of the Kiev Exchange Committee Semyon Mogilevtsev, who allocated 500,000 rubles for the construction of the museum building, and the contractor was the then-famous Kiev resident L. B. Ginzburg. The museum building project was carried out by architect Pavel Alyoshin. With the consent of the authorities, work on the construction of the future museum began successfully. Lay the first stone in the foundation of the future museum, was entrusted to Peter Stolypin, the Prime Minister of Russia, in the presence of members of the royal family. Emperor Nicholas II gave the museum the name of Tsarevich Alexei. By September 1911, the opening of the museum was completed, and on September 28 the museum was opened.
Further, the history of the pedagogical museum has undergone many changes. In 1917, the Central Council of Ukraine was located there, in 1921 the museum acquired the name of the Proletarian Museum, in 1924 it received another name - Museum of the Revolution. Further, the building was reconstructed to increase the area, this happened in 1937, but at the same time, they tried to preserve the facade in its original form. And again the museum changed its name, it became a branch of the Central Museum. V.I. Lenin. The name of the museum remained unchanged until 1982. It is worth noting that during this time many exhibits were destroyed and looted. But time is inexorable, and in 1992 the museum acquired its original name - the Pedagogical Museum of Ukraine.
About museum exhibits
Today, the Museum has more than 45,000 exhibits telling about the history of the formation and development of pedagogical education in Ukraine. The only negative is that it is impossible to show them at the same time - the museum has to constantly alternate expositions, since the museum owns only two halls of the existing building (exposition and exhibition). The storage facility is located in the basement of the building. But, nevertheless, visitors get acquainted with the unique collections of ethnic pedagogy of the ancient Slavic peoples, look through books narrating Kievan Rus, and study the pedagogical methodology of the Kiev-Mohyla Academy. Of undoubted interest among visitors are Cossack pedagogy and teaching aids of the 9th-20th centuries.