In this institution, it is better to be convinced that China is a great power. Currently, the Shanghai School of Science and Technology is more visited by schoolchildren and students of Shanghai, but for any adult, visiting this complex will be useful and interesting.
The museum is divided into various thematic exhibitions located on three floors of a huge building.
The ground floor offers exhibitions on the following topics:
- Animal world. The most interesting species of animals from all over the world are presented. The exposition is designed in such a way that the viewer almost independently combines the characteristics of animals forced to adapt to different climatic conditions. Among the exhibits, there are also very rare, almost endangered representatives of the world fauna.
- Natural landscapes of the province. Here are recreated corners of Chinese nature with its inhabitants: tropical forests, mountainous areas, city parks.
- The Earth Research Hall gives visitors the opportunity to get acquainted in an original form with the structure of our planet, as well as with the processes that take place in it.
- The light of reason is an exposition that makes it possible to independently study the phenomena of the world of physics and chemistry. Everything here is arranged according to the principle: Observation - Analysis - Understanding. And such interactive exhibits as a laser harp, or a luminous ball demonstrating the ionization of gas, make you watch them with interest for hours.
- The cradle of design - as the name implies, the exhibition is dedicated to the masterpieces of world design, as well as various modern design projects in China.
- Rainbow country - the exposition of this part of the museum is dedicated exclusively to children. Everything will be interesting for them here: a scientific laboratory, a magic forest, a city of light and shadow, and much more.
The second floor of the museum complex also offers several fascinating sections:
- Our home is Earth. Here you can get acquainted with natural disasters and their impact on our lives, several compositions talk about environmental pollution and animal suffering. At the same time, new environmentally friendly technologies are presented here.
- The world of robots. The name speaks for itself. On an area of one and a half thousand square meters, the exhibition gives an idea of the capabilities of smart cars today.
- The era of information. This part of the museum introduces a variety of modern information technologies and makes you think about the future of all mankind.
- Spiders. The most complete collection of spiders in the world is presented in this section of the museum. The exhibition is equipped with microscopes to be able to examine the most diverse jaws of these amazing creatures. And the spider model, two meters high, is very popular among children.
The third floor of the complex pleases with new exhibits:
- Light research. The courtyard, where the father of genetics Georg Mendel planted peas, the office of Albert Einstein, the laboratory, where Morgan studied the life of a fruit fly. This is not a complete list of interesting exhibits, presentations and reconstructions of this section of the museum.
- Man and health. In this part of the complex you can test your body for health, you can find yourself in the human gastrointestinal tract and see with your own eyes all the processes taking place there. an unexpected exhibition, instructive and extremely interesting.
- The exposition closes with an exhibition dedicated to space, its subjugation, research, as well as future, yet fantastic projects. In addition to the museum itself, modern and high-tech, the complex also includes several cinemas, premises for temporary exhibitions, a gift shop.
Since the museum is constantly visited by crowds of schoolchildren and students, accompanied by teachers and teachers, it is best to visit it on a weekday and afternoon. There are too many visitors on weekends.
The ticket will cost 60 yuan. Elderly people (over 70) have the right to visit for free, as well as soldiers of military service, but this applies only to the Chinese themselves.